Digital Transformation at La Presse: Abstract
Digital Transformation at La Presse is a case study by Camille Grange, Sandrine Prom Tep and Sylvain Senecal.
Digital Transformation at La Presse is a (real) case that takes place in the context of the newspaper industry, which is being turned upside down by powerful socio-technological changes. It focuses on La Presse, one of the leading actors in the Canadian newspaper industry, which, faced with a survival crisis, has set out to innovate and reinvent its business model, including its value proposition, channels, costs, revenue streams, and key resources. The core driver of this reinvention is the design and marketing of its new digital product, the La Presse+ tablet app.
- Part A: Crafting a new digital strategy
- Part B: Implementing the digital strategy (for teachers only)
Part A: Crafting a New Digital Strategy, is intended to help students do the following:
- Identify the context factors that prompt digital transformation within the news media industry
- Understand how companies can offer a strategic response to digital disruption by transforming their business model using digital innovation
Part B: Implementing the Digital Strategy (for teachers only), is intended to help students do the following:
- Develop awareness of the many challenges involved in the implementation of a digital transformation
- Better understand how to deal with the associated risks and challenges
Main themes covered
- Digital transformation
Concepts and theories related to the case
- Disturbing forces in a disrupted industry
- The technology-driven transformation of a business model
- Risks associated with developing a new digital medium in the context of a large-scale digital transformation project
- Managerial interventions that can help mitigate such risks
Also available in French and Spanish.
Teaching notes are available for teachers only. Please contact HEC Montreal Case Centre.
Il n’y a pas encore d’avis.