Simplyk: From Volunteering to Fundraising for NPOs: Abstract
This two-part case examines the major challenges faced by Simplyk, a start-up with a social mission related to volunteering and the non-profit ecosystem. Part A provides an overview of the context in which this social innovation was created, describing the business model and methodology developed by the organization to facilitate volunteering. Part B describes the transformation of Simplyk’s business model into an innovative fundraising platform and some of the difficulties encountered.
- Understand the challenges of creating and managing a social innovation start-up;
- Understand how a social business creates and adapts its business model according to the challenges it faces;
- Fill out a social business model canvas;
- Create a social scorecard.
- Part A
- Part B (included when buying a teacher license only)
Teachers’ notes are available for university teachers only. Please contact the HEC Montréal Case Centre.