Social Business Creation – Edition 2023
Organized by HEC Montréal, in Canada, Social Business Creation (SBC) is an innovative global platform that promotes social businesses and trains participants on how to use market mechanisms to solve social challenges. It offers training to students through a competition that uses gamification and experiential training approach. It is also a platform to promote actionable research through conferences and training-of-trainers programs.
Besides the live training sessions both online and in Montreal, participants will have access to SBC online courses that provide essential knowledge on social entrepreneurship, sustainable development, social business model development, and business validation through crowdfunding and crowdsourcing. In addition, all teams will benefit from the guidance of several judges who will provide them with recommendations to improve their business projects. Participants will learn, through an efficient and proven pedagogical strategy, how to:
- Use market mechanisms to address social and environmental challenges
- Leverage on a collective social mindset
- Collaborate with various stakeholders
- Develop their idea into a real mission-driven business
What do participants get?
Participants will have the chance to :
- Follow HEC Montréal’s online course comprising 4 modules specifically designed for this competition
- Use Social Business Creation competition’s online platform and templates for their activities within the framework of this competition
- Showcase their projects on Social Business Creation website if they compete in Round 2
- Receive an official certificate from HEC Montréal (for the rounds in which they participate only).
- Follow HEC Montréal’s intensive that is adapted to participants’ needs during each round of the competition. See the SBC 2022 edition’s program for an idea of what the training looks like
- On-site coaching and site visits in Montreal for finalist teams
- Compete for prizes at regional and global levels.