TRSB (EN): Abstract
In the 1980s, Serge Bélair founded Traductions Serge Bélair. In the early days, he worked from home, translating documents for a number of Quebec companies in his basement office. Over a period of almost thirty years, Traductions Serge Bélair, now operating under the name TRSB, grew from a small business to a company of 150 employees, with sales of close to $20 million and national ambitions. TRSB provides customized business solutions in translation and terminology management that are fully integrated with its clients’ brand image and marketing efforts.
This case can be used in a wide range of graduate and undergraduate courses such as marketing communications, digital marketing strategies, e-commerce, and entrepreneurship and innovation. It discusses the efforts of the president of an SME to successfully and systematically grow his business. It also spotlights the use of marketing communications in competitive national and international markets and the importance to a service company of digital marketing from a B2B marketing perspective.
- TRSB (A): Strengthening a Service Brand in Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing: With this case, students will decide how to strengthen the brand of this business-to-business (B2B) service company to ensure its survival.
- TRSB (B): 360° Marketing and Communications for a World-Class Translation Company: TRSB’s objective is to double its sales over the next five years. To achieve this goal, the company has earmarked $250,000 for its marketing efforts next year, a significant increase over the previous year. The members of the communication and marketing team are wondering how to promote this new brand image, making it better known and respected in Canadian business communities. TRSB’s marketing personnel will be working to enhance the organization’s presence across all media to increase the company’s visibility and stimulate interest in its services, but they need some advice. (only available with a Teaching license purchase)
Concepts and theories related to the case
- Important issues related to SME growth
- Marketing mix for professional services firms
- Digital marketing
- Budget allocation
- Choice of communication media
- Measuring performance
Teaching notes are available for teachers only. Contact the HEC Montréal Case Centre for more information.