Princess Auto: Abstract
This two-part case looks at flowcasting at Princess Auto, going beyond a simple presentation. Case A describes the challenges of implementing this system and its impact on the accountabilities of employees who are responsible for store replenishment, while Case B describes situations that are specific to Princess Auto, such as stocking surplus items (a unique strategy to attract customers to its stores) and the challenges of e-commerce.
- Understand the major ways flowcasting differs from other inventory management systems.
- Understand the process of implementing an inventory management system.
- Understand the impact of e-commerce on flowcasting.
Main themes covered
- Distribution resource planning
- Part A: Changing the Supply Chain Management Landscape with Flowcasting
- Part B: What Role Do Stores Play in an Omnichannel Environment? (included when buying a teacher license only)
Teachers’ notes are available for university teachers only. Please contact the HEC Montréal Case Centre.
Il n’y a pas encore d’avis.